Recent message from BI Support...

General discussion about Blue Iris
MikeBwca

Recent message from BI Support...

Post by MikeBwca »

Has anyone else received this message from Blue Iris Support?
I have always used the 'Email Support' button.
Blue Iris Support
to me

Hello!

If you are writing concerning an existing installation, please always use "Email support" from the Settings page in the PC software and then paste that information at the top of the body of your email for each new thread. This allows us to provide you with more efficient service by avoiding the necessity of a reply to request this information. It will also prevent Gmail from routing messages to our spam folder inadvertently.

While our goal is to respond within 24 hours, we often have an email backlog each day. Staffing and the nature of your request may add additional delay. Please refrain from replying to your own message as this sorts your message to the bottom of the queue once again.

Thanks!

The Blue Iris support team

What concerns me is...
Please refrain from replying to your own message as this sorts your message to the bottom of the queue once again.
Are they referring to replying to the message sent by support, from our original support message?
TimG

Re: Recent message from BI Support...

Post by TimG »

Hi MikeBwca,

I have read other people discussing this before. Using the "Email support" method ensures they get a standardised set of information, and I think the "don't reply to your own email" is probably to stop people trying to bump their issue to the top by repeatedly sending emails about it. If there is an automated system, they imply you can keep yourself at the bottom of the priority list :?

Personally I have found that a polite email to support usually gets a response within two days, and if I reply to that, I get a quick response as well. Not bad to say I'm in old Blighty.

I think I can safely guess that a non polite email will remain at the lowest priority for ever :lol:

So, yes, I have seen that text, but no, it's not important.
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
LOOPYLOOP

Re: Recent message from BI Support...

Post by LOOPYLOOP »

i have always had very promt replies to my emails, the last time within the hour.
some email systems let through the oldest first, so by resending becomes the newest and goes back to the bottom of the list.
like walking out of the queue in the supermarket, you end up at the back again.