Blue Iris Extended Support and Maintenance

General discussion about Blue Iris
logeox

Blue Iris Extended Support and Maintenance

Post by logeox »

So I jsut received my renewal notice... If I dont purchase another year? wioll I be able to get the genral updates to BI5? I relize I wont be able to get major updates versions.
Matts1984

Re: Blue Iris Extended Support and Maintenance

Post by Matts1984 »

Apparently very recently they have started enforcing a policy where no updates are possible if the support lapses. You can upgrade past your current version but will be stuck in Demo mode. Alternatively you can keep it at your current version and just never upgrade.

I had originally thought you were just restricted from major updates (ie - BlueIris v6) but that is not the case. My renewal is up in a month and will likely just go with the cheapest option as I really do not need the premium support levels, I'm just a lowly home user but I do really like the product and want to continue the development.
Blue Iris 5.8.9.x | Server 2022 VM | Xeon E5-2660 v3 @ 2.60GHz - 16 Cores | 24GB RAM | 8TB RAID | Sophos UTM WAF | Mostly various SV3C Cameras
MikeBwca

Post by MikeBwca »

You can still update manually by down the update from the BI website.
Matts1984

Post by Matts1984 »

You can update it but from what I've read on this forum is that it kicks you into Demo mode if you go to a version (even a minor update) past the date of your support expiration. Maybe thats not the case?
Blue Iris 5.8.9.x | Server 2022 VM | Xeon E5-2660 v3 @ 2.60GHz - 16 Cores | 24GB RAM | 8TB RAID | Sophos UTM WAF | Mostly various SV3C Cameras
adrianjonas

Post by adrianjonas »

MikeBwca wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 6:23 am You can still update manually by down the update from the BI website.
I also now update manually. By the way, this is not difficult at all.