Nest adjusts internet settings and breaks BI

General discussion about Blue Iris
ereddish

Re: Nest adjusts internet settings and breaks BI

Post by ereddish »

Hey, I found the below on ipcamtalk. It makes sense. See if this works for you and please let me know either way....

The RTMPS URL can be determined using Microsoft Edge. Go to your public link from the Nest camera in Edge. Right click on the video stream in Edge and go to inspect element. Copy the entire https URL. It should look something like this: "stream-us1-alfa.dropcam.com/nexus_aac/Unique Identifier"

You will need to remove the suffix after nexus. You then go into BI and select RTMPS and paste the URL. The corrected URL looks like this: "stream-us1-alfa.dropcam.com/nexus/Unique Identifier"

The quotes that I put in don't need to be included (I put them there because the forum is changing the links to something strange).

From reading other posts, it appears that Google removed the RTMPS URL section recently, but you can still use the same modified URL that they give you that is HTTPS.

I hope that this makes sense. If you have any questions just let me know.
dkeltong

Post by dkeltong »

Got it! Thanks for your help. That makes sense that you can't see it. Because I know a while back I followed a similar video and got it to work.
dkeltong

Post by dkeltong »

I just tried what you posted and still nothing. Does that work for you?
ereddish

Post by ereddish »

Well unfortunately for you, I still have my copied rtmps snippet from some time ago that still works. I was hoping that would work for you because if I ever lose what I have I don't know that I'd ever get it to work. Send me your email address in case I am able to figure it out and not have to go through this bb. My email is rtgman@aol.com. Thanks.
AndyC

Post by AndyC »

I'm having the same issue as well. It's bizarre. I can bring up the public stream of my Nest Hello webcam using any browser, but I can't use the same URL to open the stream in Blue Iris 5.
dkeltong

Post by dkeltong »

Ughh!