help with auto tracking return to home

General discussion about Blue Iris
lostlancaster

help with auto tracking return to home

Post by lostlancaster »

Ive just purchased 2 cameras with auto tracking ( 20X Optical Zoom IP Auto Tracking Outdoor Pan Tilt Zoom Security Camera, Bioxo 1080P High Speed ONVIF PTZ Dome Camera 328ft Night Vision IP66 Waterproof Two-Way Audio PTZ Camera, Support Max 128GB SD) and have them setup and working in blue iris. However after they track a person and move they dont go back to their home position. Can anyone tell me how to do this ?
Thixotropic

Re: help with auto tracking return to home

Post by Thixotropic »

I think that's likely to be a setting in the camera and not something BI would control. You could write a macro to move the camera back to home but I'm not sure how you'd trigger the macro. Maybe someone else here can weigh in on how to do that.
Blue Iris 5.x x64 | Windows 10 Pro x64 | 16GB RAM | i7-7700 3.6 GHz | 1TB HDD | 2TB RAID NAS | 9 Cameras | Almost Dual NIC | 2KVA UPS
TimG

Post by TimG »

I would imagine that they have a settable default home position, but I agree, it's likely to be in the camera set up rather than in BI settings. An email to the supplier would be advisable, followed by a trawl through the web interface for the camera. Let us know what you find, as this is the type of question that will keep coming back with every new buyer :shock:
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
TimG

Post by TimG »

A look for that camera on amazon.com shows a picture stating "Set up a watch position, automatically track, when the target is out of the monitoring range,the camera will return to the watch position.".

That should sort it :idea:
Forum Moderator.
TimG

Post by TimG »

lostlancaster, wherefore art thou ? Did you manage to sort the default "watch" position ?
Forum Moderator.