New Blue Iris setup

General discussion about Blue Iris
FragMasterJ

New Blue Iris setup

Post by FragMasterJ »

Question for you guys;

I had blue iris on an old PC with 10 IP cameras of different manufacturers (foscam & watchdog). The original blue Iris system was working fine, but PC was outdated.

Now I am migrating to a new windows 10 computer, have downloaded newest blue iris software on the new computer.

*****I have new/different license on the new computer.

When trying to setup cameras on new computer, it won't find a single one on the new computer even with the IP config tool. But I can hook it back to the old system and all cameras operate and display fine. If I take that same ethernet cable and plug it in to the new system nothing can be found even by searching for the IP address. Please advise what steps I am missing.

DO I have to reset all cameras manually, and add them on the new system as a new camera on blue iris?
(Have turned off the firewall/virus software and compared settings on old computer: network, ethernet, proxy, etc. to new computer.)

I would rate my IT skills as a 5/10. So don't be too hard on me.

Thanks in Advance
MikeBwca

Re: New Blue Iris setup

Post by MikeBwca »

I would say the best option is to manually add each camera and set them back up. This will eliminate any issues with importing the settings from your older version of BI.

Curious.... What version of BI is on your older computer?