Strange Trigger Recording

General discussion about Blue Iris
mgbolts

Strange Trigger Recording

Post by mgbolts »

Hi,

I am having a problem with the video recorded when there is an alert. Part of the video timeline goes missing and for a period of time, most of the image is greyed out where the movement is NOT detected.

I am using Deepstack for triggers.

The cameras are Dahua HDW3841, Reolink 820 and 822.

Pls see attached image for an example of this issue.

Thanks
Attachments
Screenshot 2021-06-23 133524_2.png
Screenshot 2021-06-23 133524_2.png (167.73 KiB) Viewed 3786 times
mgbolts

Re: Strange Trigger Recording

Post by mgbolts »

Bump?
MikeBwca

Post by MikeBwca »

Can you provide a few captures...
- BI status Cameras
- The video settings from the cameras gui.
iannecj

Post by iannecj »

If that is from the reolink 820A or 822A I have the same issue.

It only appears when camera is on the main 4k stream for me. It happens for me because I prefer to use the decoder compatibility option as it makes the 4k video easier for BI to decode and less choppy. That choice comes atwith these artifacts which are a problem for me.

I sent a clip showing them to reolink...they say the newest firmware is all they can do and its now up to BI. That new firmware form download center on reolink site does allow you to get to 1.0 on key frames but doesnt solve this issue.

I have 2 choices on my 820 and 822s best I can tell. And this is true whether you have 2 cameras in BI, one set to a main stream and one set to sub stream on the same physical camera or if you have a single camera with both streams as normal. The 4k stream has these artifacts and of you are triggering motion and that camera switches to this stream it can influence and prolong the trigger as best I can tell.

When I go without decoder compatibility checked, artifacts go away but video become choppy and delayed frames at times backup. Seems like I miss triggers this way.

So far I am living with decoder compatibility on and when a camera triggers and switches to 4k main stream artifacts start and I get a lot of false triggering. I am trying to tune this as best I can.

People say get rid of the reolink but the app is better, than other cameras, the night picture is better than the foscam and amcrest I have and also they are already installed so I am trying to figure out how to work with them.
sbaker1106

Post by sbaker1106 »

iannecj wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:58 pm If that is from the reolink 820A or 822A I have the same issue.

It only appears when camera is on the main 4k stream for me. It happens for me because I prefer to use the decoder compatibility option as it makes the 4k video easier for BI to decode and less choppy. That choice comes atwith these artifacts which are a problem for me.

I sent a clip showing them to reolink...they say the newest firmware is all they can do and its now up to BI. That new firmware form download center on reolink site does allow you to get to 1.0 on key frames but doesnt solve this issue.

I have 2 choices on my 820 and 822s best I can tell. And this is true whether you have 2 cameras in BI, one set to a main stream and one set to sub stream on the same physical camera or if you have a single camera with both streams as normal. The 4k stream has these artifacts and of you are triggering motion and that camera switches to this stream it can influence and prolong the trigger as best I can tell.

When I go without decoder compatibility checked, artifacts go away but video become choppy and delayed frames at times backup. Seems like I miss triggers this way.

So far I am living with decoder compatibility on and when a camera triggers and switches to 4k main stream artifacts start and I get a lot of false triggering. I am trying to tune this as best I can.

People say get rid of the reolink but the app is better, than other cameras, the night picture is better than the foscam and amcrest I have and also they are already installed so I am trying to figure out how to work with them.

iannecj, I'm not sure what firmware version you're running on your ReoLink 820A but it looks like the latest version on the ReoLink firmware site is way back from Jan 21, 2021. A few months back I contacted ReoLink support and requested the beta firmware for the 820A camera and I will admit that there are still occasional artifacts on the 820A's but my experience is much better with the beta firmware. I am able to stream the main and sub streams simultaneously over RTSP without the video stream dropping to a crawl. I have both streams configured on a single camera in BI and I record the sub stream 24/7 and switch to the 4K stream on trigger. Even though I still see an occasional video artifact if I pull up the 4K stream and leave it fullscreen for awhile, I almost never catch an artifact during a triggered recording. I was also able to disable the Decoder Compatibility check box as well. I highly suggest contacting ReoLink support and specifically ask for the beta firmware for the 820A camera that fixes the dual stream issue, I just emailed them and they replied the next day with the beta firmware attached. Oh, and I have 2 of the ReoLink 820A cameras running and they are quite useable the way they are now. And just to give a perspective on my BI install I'm running 17 cameras, the 2 ReoLink 820a's, 6 ReoLink 520's, 4 Amcrest 8Mp cameras, 3 v2 Wyze Cams, 1 knockoff 5MP fisheye camera and the local 1080p camera on my Raspberry Pi. So that's (6) 8MP cameras, (7) 5MP cameras and (4) 2MP cameras total. The machine I have BI on is a fairly decent workstation with a 6 core Intel E5-1650 V2 running at 3.5 Ghz and 32 GB of ram. I could do it with much less machine because with all of this running right now BI never tops 20% CPU and I'm only using 1.84 GB of ram. The CPU spikes occasionally but I'm sure that's because I run DeepStack AI in CPU mode. Below I'll paste in the versions I'm running on my ReoLink 820A cameras currently so you have something to compare to if you're able to get beta a firmware from ReoLink. And hey, if you happen to get anything newer than what I'm running let me know.

Model: RLC-820A
Build No: build 21031686
Hardware No: IPC_523128M8MP
Config Version: v3.0.0.0
Firmware Version: v3.0.0.206_21031686
sbaker1106

Post by sbaker1106 »

mgbolts wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 5:40 am Hi,

I am having a problem with the video recorded when there is an alert. Part of the video timeline goes missing and for a period of time, most of the image is greyed out where the movement is NOT detected.

I am using Deepstack for triggers.

The cameras are Dahua HDW3841, Reolink 820 and 822.

Pls see attached image for an example of this issue.

Thanks
I can't speak to the Dahua cam but see my post above about beta firmware for the ReoLink 820A cameras. It would depend on your specific camera model numbers if ReoLink might have beta firmware that could help you or not. But I have also seen something like this at the beginning of clips when I had my Pre-Trigger Video Buffer on the Record tab set to an interval that was starting the record between key frames on the video and it was weird looking till the next key frame came through. I believe I fiddled with the length of the Pre-Trigger Buffer and got it closer to the key frame and it was better. No clue if that's your issue, but ya never know and it can't hurt to try. Good Luck!
netprof

Post by netprof »

20211229_114419-001.png
20211229_114419-001.png (60.27 KiB) Viewed 2046 times
I'm having the same issue, it happens only during motion. On both streams, otherwise the picture is perfect with no lagging or choppy images

RLC-820A
v3.0.0.177_21012101
IPC_523128M8MP