Geofence

General discussion about Blue Iris
TimG

Re: Geofence

Post by TimG » Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:24 pm

Hi boomer,

Thanks for the info. I tried increasing my radius from 50m, and that broke geofencing for me :lol:

I set it back to 50m, and after a couple of days it still won't work. OK, maybe that didn't break it then ! I do have DDNS set up on my Asus router, but that's not the address used in the server WAN setting in the BI android app. Hmm... Android app address updated to my DDNS address:81 Maybe my home IP address had changed, and I didn't know. This could be a major part of my problem with geofencing.

Plongson: how about that one ? At a minimum, if you go to the android app and "GET IPS", does your BI5 server then show you as "Inside" ?
Blue Iris v5.0.6.10 | Dahua IPC-HDW5231R-ZE, Foscam R2, Ertech 4MP, 2 analogue cameras on Euresys Picolo Pro 2 | FX-8350 AMD CPU, 32GB Ram, Multiple SSD and HD| Homeseer HS3 Pro | TVMosaic | Emby | DVBViewer |

plongson

Post by plongson » Wed Nov 27, 2019 2:30 pm

Hey guys, sorry it took so long to get back...Geofence is still giving be grief. I've attached a couple of screen shots and BI does recognize the Samsung Note8 being inside the geofence but does not change any BI Schedule or profile. What is equally weird is it will not change to OUTSIDE the geofence. BI does work in every fashion outside when I remote in both on the app and the UI3 from an offsite PC.

What's frustrating is this function USE TO WORK so simply and flawlessly...then something changed...what a PITA to lose such a useful function...

THANKS for your help...here are some screens shots

https://imgur.com/9UoUEIl

https://imgur.com/7xeEntM

plongson

Post by plongson » Thu Nov 28, 2019 7:17 pm

Well guess what...The geofence actually worked today for the first time...same settings same everything. i'm always checking it when I'm away and for some unknown reason it showed me being out of the 'fence and inside the 'fence upon my return. Dis Ken change something in the latest release? Did the gods that control these things relent? I'm just hoping it was not a odd alignment of the stars because it is the first time in about a year that it's worked...Film at eleven and I'll keep y'all posted...

TimG

Post by TimG » Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:27 pm

We'll call that progress then :lol:
Blue Iris v5.0.6.10 | Dahua IPC-HDW5231R-ZE, Foscam R2, Ertech 4MP, 2 analogue cameras on Euresys Picolo Pro 2 | FX-8350 AMD CPU, 32GB Ram, Multiple SSD and HD| Homeseer HS3 Pro | TVMosaic | Emby | DVBViewer |

boomer

Post by boomer » Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:12 pm

One other thing I will ask just to make sure something is not getting overlooked. Most everyone uses wifi at home on their phones. However, in cases where you do not have that turned on I have seen BI geo-fencing not behave as normally. It usually will work, but does not follow the fence s accurately and sometimes does not work. If you are using wifi at home, read on. Mine has been working fine for quite some time, although I did have a blip for about 3 weeks or so back in February. If you can access your BI server from outside on cellular and toggle profiles or look at cameras that would tell me that you have communication and probably have your DDNS or rmote connection setup correctly. The next thing to check is in the app. Open the app and tap on the status screen, which is the one with the 3 red bars. Scroll thru the messages and see if it shows your phone going from inside to outside and if it sets your mode to away. This will tell you if it recognizes your phone leaving the geofence, and if BI is setting the profile to away. Also pay special attention to the time in these settings as sometimes they are not getting set until you open the app. If that is the case, then the app may not be running in the background. In general, if you leave the house (geofence) and drive for 10 minutes and stop somewhere, check it. The geofence "away" mode would be 10 minutes or so back. If it is current timestamp, then it set it when you opened the app and the app was not running in the background.

boomer

Post by boomer » Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:15 pm

One additional thought. Do you have something running that checks your Home IP and updates your DDNS. Something needs to keep track of when that IP hcanges periodically and update it. For example, you can have a couple of your cameras perodically contact your ddns and update the IP address.