Reset PTZ brightness setting back to default/unspecified

lasttrainlonggone

Reset PTZ brightness setting back to default/unspecified

Post by lasttrainlonggone »

Does anyone know how to reset the PTZ brightness setting back to 'unspecified' so the camera manages it automatically? I'd been clicking on a few of the values to test it out and now want it to go back to being managed by the camera. Seems I can't un-select it and am now stuck with a fixed value.
MikeBwca

Re: Reset PTZ brightness setting back to default/unspecified

Post by MikeBwca »

Last edited by MikeBwca on Fri Apr 05, 2024 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
lasttrainlonggone

Many thanks for the response.

I've gone to the camera's manufaturer web front end and clicked everything to default. BI still shows '15' as selected for brightness which I assume is being overridden. Not sure if this '15' setting would be sent back to the camera next time I open the application or whenever I make another PTZ change from the app.

FWIW I had a look around to see if I could edit any config files manually to get around this GUI restriction. Doesn't seem to be possible; even the exported .reg settings file is encoded in some unknown way. Defo looks to be one to go on the enhancement request list for BI.
MikeBwca

Post by MikeBwca »

Last edited by MikeBwca on Fri Apr 05, 2024 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
lasttrainlonggone

Thanks for the info - that makes a lot of sense.

It seems that brightness 15 in BI is a bit below the middle setting on my camera. As 15 is as high as BI goes it's always recording a bit darker than it should be. I think for the moment the setting on the camera is persisting but I'm sure that BI will over write this with the 15 setting at some point.

If I find a way to get BI to forget this 15 setting then I'll update this thread. Using a different Event as you say is probably a way to do this but seems like a nonsense to having to resort to workarounds for something like this.
Pogo

Post by Pogo »

Old thread but the problem persists.

The only way I've found to delete the settings is to delete and re-install the camera.

Alternatively, disabling the pan/tilt/zoom/brightness, etc. control in the main PTZ camera tab does just that -- disables whatever residual effect may remain from non-deletable settings. But it also kills any other related settings that may be desired for continued use.

There has to be another way...
MikeBwca

Post by MikeBwca »

Last edited by MikeBwca on Fri Apr 05, 2024 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pogo

Post by Pogo »

Yep.

The residual settings still affect the camera even after scheduled events have concluded. Having to approximate the BI values in the camera settings (or vise versa) to re-achieve normal camera behavior doesn't seem to have a readily available solution.

Being able to clear out any and all settings to start from scratch is the elusive objective.
MikeBwca

Post by MikeBwca »

Last edited by MikeBwca on Fri Apr 05, 2024 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pogo

Post by Pogo »

Cool.

Now if there were only a 'Clear Entry' right click option to do the same thing without having to shut down and restart everything. ;)