Amcrest ASH47-W PTZ control

General discussion about Blue Iris
dosware

Amcrest ASH47-W PTZ control

Post by dosware »

I think this model is a newer Amcrest ASH47-W - a cheaper pan and tilt outdoor camera using Amcrest Smart Home App on Android. Blue Iris does not auto-detect on the network but if supplied IP will find. I had to specify IP and port 8089. It connected with my credentials, but no PTZ control (trying options) just a stream. Is anyone using this hardware?
GordonShumway

Re: Amcrest ASH47-W PTZ control

Post by GordonShumway »

I just powered up a new ASH47 and so far so bad. I was able to open the http port once via Firefox, fumbled the password twice, then decided to play with the irritating Amcrest Android App which was able to see the camera and set the admin password, but still no http access.

BI Find/Inspect did see the camera and note that there is an RTSP port and, as you mentioned, I used port 8999 to finally get an image which frequently freezes, drops signal, has a huge lag in video, and is also uncontrollable via BI PTZ buttons. I also took a shot at the Amcrest CLI program that I have on my desktop but it can't even connect (although it does fine with 4 other Amcrest IP4M-1041 cams). The camera is currently connected only via a network cable (wifi was not configured).

I was hoping to put a few of these PTZ cameras around the perimeter of my house but after this intro I think it might be going back to Amazon. Has anyone had any GOOD experiences with this model?
wtbman

Post by wtbman »

I too thought I'd try one of these cameras but from what I can tell it's completely locked down to anything besides their stupid "smart home" app. The box even says ONVIF on it but I can't find that anywhere in the documentation online. Stay away from their "smart home" products.

UPDATE: I actually got this to work in Blue Iris. I selected "Amcrest" as the make and that changed the onvif port to "80" and automatically set the main stream to /cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=0&unicast=true&proto=Onvif

Pan Tilt seems to work. This camera doesn't have zoom. There is no web interface from what I can tell, you must sign up to amcrest smarthome and use the app to configure it.
countgarden

Post by countgarden »

In Blue Iris, I was able to make this function. The onvif port was automatically adjusted to "80" when I chose "Amcrest" as the make, and the primary stream was automatically set to /cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=0&unicast=true&proto=Onvif. Looks like Pan Tilt works. This camera lacks a zoom lens. To configure it, you have to register with Amcrest SmartHome and utilize the app; I'm not aware of any web interface.