Drives Offline with all shared drives

Macoland

Drives Offline with all shared drives

Post by Macoland »

I have a recent issue that I am hoping someone can help me with. Very recently (in the past week or two) BI stopped recording for me.

After logging in I realized that there was an error that Drives are Offline. My primary drive that I use for recording is a mapped drive in Windows. When I went to setting and storage, I noticed that the line is red.

Here is what I have tried.

I pointed the storage location to a completely different share from a different server and received the same error, so it is not specific to my current share. Also, from Windows I can copy and create files on the share, so it is not a permissions issue related to Windows.

I then pointed the file path to a folder I created on the local desktop and recordings DID work properly. So that points to it being an issue with shares in general.

I also changed the dropdown in settings from managed Folder to unmanaged folder and that made no difference.

Finally here is the error that is given (error 5).

I am using version 5.8.4.3 x64 (1/14/24).

Any advice or help would be appreciated.
IAmATeaf

Re: Drives Offline with all shared drives

Post by IAmATeaf »

Have you tried reverting back to the last stable release? First thing I would try.
BruceH

Re: Drives Offline with all shared drives

Post by BruceH »

I am sure that you have probably already done this but have you verified that the drives are actually functional in Windows and that the user ID that is running the BI service can read & write to the shares!