Overlay not visible in UI3 in browser

erikskyten

Overlay not visible in UI3 in browser

Post by erikskyten »

I have 11 cameras, all configured the same, but this problem is happening on only two of the cameras.

In the BI admin app, the overlays are visible in the camera streams.

But, in the UI3 browser app, overlay is missing. however, for the camera where the overlay is missing, if i right click and look at information->HLS stream in UI3, I see the overlay in the stream!!

Also, if I look at the mjpg stream from BI, the overlay is visible there too.

So, it looks like the problem is just with the UI3 interface

I am running BI 5.7.7.18

How can I get the overlays to work on the two cameras in UI3?
erikskyten

Re: Overlay not visible in UI3 in browser

Post by erikskyten »

OK ... I hacked around until I got it to work. I do not know why 9 of my cameras are fine, and it is just the 2 cameras with the issue... but this is what I found.

If I go to the camera settings->record->video file format and change the video compression from 'direct-to-disk' to 're-encode with settings' ... the overlay showed up in UI3.

I can change this reliably and have the overlay show up or disappear. So, what ever the bug is ... this is what was causing the problem.

before anyone jumps on me for this ... I do have the checkbox selected for overlays in the webcast for all the cameras

The immediate side effect of this was my cpu utilization went up, but I had plenty to spare so for now not an issue.

I hope they fix this, and until then, I hope this helps someone else too

[follow up]

The two cameras in question were also set to H264.
I reconfigured the cameras to H265, and was then able to return to 'direct-to-disk' and the overlays show up