AI can detect a person, but not appears in alerts.

JirkaAerox

Re: AI can detect a person, but not appears in alerts.

Post by JirkaAerox »

TimG wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 11:01 am Excellent, let us know if that helps.

The Gotchas section of the forum has this from the DeepStack era:
For some reason, the BlueIris software is ignoring what the Deepstack server says in terms of confidence and the label. This seems to happen during the second, third or sometimes fourth image that Deepstack analyzes. I have confirmed with a packet capture that despite these additional images being sent back to the BlueIris software with a successful response, BlueIris ignores it and goes to cancel the alert. I confirm these images meet the criteria of the minimum confidence percentage and "to confirm". I would like to also mention that if DeepStack responds back with a prediction that is within the criteria on the first image, it works OK.

Fix: I just needed to change the keyframe interval to be the same value as the FPS so it is equal to 1.00 (as displayed from Blue Iris). The detection is working much better now. See Camera stream optimization article for details.

Alternative fix: If for some reason you cannot adjust the key frame interval on the camera, identify the current key frame interval (Status -> Cameras tab). If the value is 0.25, i.e. 1/4, i.e. 1 key frame every 4s, then set the pre-trigger buffer (Camera settings -> Record tab) greater than or equal to 4s. This will guarantee BI at least one key frame to process.
I think it also stated that main and sub-stream fps should be the same too. Give it all a try and let us know what works, otherwise Pogo will complain :lol:
I understand now. I'll definitely give all of that a try. Unfortunately, adjusting the key frame didn't solve the issue for me. However, I've noticed a possible root cause – my main and substream seem to be out of sync. This could be why BlueIris cancels the alert, as it's searching for AI confirmation in the yellow area where it detected movement previously. But with my camera potentially having a ±-5 second sync discrepancy, that could be the main problem. I'll experiment with the FPS settings to see if that makes a difference. Thank you for the suggestion.
JirkaAerox

Re: AI can detect a person, but not appears in alerts.

Post by JirkaAerox »

A few days of testing out all the suggestions, but unfortunately, none of the attempted solutions seem to be effective. The primary issue remains the synchronization problem between the main and sub streams. I came across several Reddit threads discussing the same problem, but the suggestions provided didn't lead to a resolution. Throughout the day, I've noticed the camera randomly falling out of sync, sometimes up to 30 seconds, which explains why the AI isn't functioning properly. It detects motion from the substream and processes it from the main stream, resulting in a significantly different image being processed. I've experimented with adjusting key frames, lowering FPS, and matching the FPS of the main and sub streams, but to no avail. :( Watching the streams in VLC seems to not have this issue.