advertstore

Re: Cannot start Blue Iris Program

Post by advertstore »

Historic updates are available here:
https://www.ipcamtalk.com/tools/blueirisupdates/
pvs6

Post by pvs6 »

Reboot and I too lost win 10 desktop blue iris 5 this afternoon. I also get the same error screen for "AOMEI OneKey Recovery app". No other apps are effected like this. May be this is mircosoft doing? Anyone else have other apps acting with same error screen?
mulu

Post by mulu »

Just ran into the same issue. Based on a previous post, I installed the latest BI on a different computer. Then I took BlueIrisAdmin.exe from that installation and replaced the one in C:\Program Files\Blue Iris 5. Now everything works fine. I am not sure if this will work if you are still on version 4.

I do agree that it's disappointing that BI doesn't have a solution for that issue yet. I hope that they will come up with something that doesn't require buying a new version. Otherwise it becomes a subscription model which is what I try to avoid for any kind of software. I don't think/hope that is what BI is doing. I hope it's just something that caught them by surprise and they will fix it, which will make me much more comfortable with upgrading at some later point when there is a feature I need/want.
skinnerjack

Post by skinnerjack »

Same for me, service is running , i have permissions, firewall lets exe through,

------------------
UAC= This app has been blocked for your protection. An Administrator has blocked you from running this app.
c:/program file/blue iris/blueiris.exe
-----------------

how ever i AM the adminstrator!
riblet2000

Post by riblet2000 »

Just paid for and renewed "support" for three installations of BI 5 and now this. Not impressed with Blue Iris's support here one bit. This IS their fault and they need to fix it NOW.
Seagull

Post by Seagull »

IPCamMan wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 10:09 pm rip out the digital cert ? - can you please explain what this is, how to do it for those who don't know what you are getting at,
that would be great if you could. Thank you Seagull
On UK time here... sorry for the delayed reply.
HOW TO REMOVE THE DIGITAL CERTIFICATE
V4.8.3 - both 32bit and 64bit systems setup

Grab this (FileUnsigner.exe): https://www.fluxbytes.com/software-rele ... gner-v1-0/

Unpack the app to your desktop. Make a backup of BlueIris.exe and BlueIrisAdmin.exe in case you need them again.

COPY those BlueIris.exe and BlueIrisAdmin.exe to the desktop.

Drag and drop those exe's on top of File Unsigner's exe. It will pop up a black window to confirm it has done the task.

Now move your newly non-signature versions back into you running directory.

And as if by magic, you now have no signatures in the apps. Windows will still warn you on startup that the signature is missing, but this does not stop you from running.

Note: you are likeky to be asked to install an older .net framework when running Unsigner the first time.

Extra Info: If you right click your original app there is a Digital Signatures tab. On the broken app this will list Perspective Software with a timestamp "not available". Once you rip the signature out with the above method this Digital Signatures tab is not in your app.
cert.jpg
cert.jpg (106.46 KiB) Viewed 177739 times
I believe the Thawte certificate was pulled by Microsoft in a Windows update. This is why people are being hit this month.

And as a v4 user I can confirm the "use the latest exe from v5" trick did not work for me. It throws Evaluation Version watermarks up on every stream.
louyo

Post by louyo »

FWIIW: On my BI systems, blueirisadmin.exe is dated 10/25/2022 and the cert is from Digicert (we used them for Exchange server cert). That is also the date on a freshly downloaded and installed BI (in a virtual machine for testing). Cert good until 2025. AFAIK, both systems date back prior to that date, so must have been updated at some time. Not sure what would happen if you just copied in those versions into a system with expired license thingie. We renew our update each year.
kviiwx7

Post by kviiwx7 »

Ran a windows update this morning. Cannot open Blue Iris now. Seems that the issues everyone is dealing with is still happening. Hopefully they can get the issue fixed soon.
IPCamMan

Post by IPCamMan »

Wow, thank you Seagull for that very detailed reply / tutorial on how to do this !
Seagull wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 8:56 am
IPCamMan wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 10:09 pm rip out the digital cert ? - can you please explain what this is, how to do it for those who don't know what you are getting at,
that would be great if you could. Thank you Seagull
On UK time here... sorry for the delayed reply.
HOW TO REMOVE THE DIGITAL CERTIFICATE
V4.8.3 - both 32bit and 64bit systems setup

Grab this (FileUnsigner.exe): https://www.fluxbytes.com/software-rele ... gner-v1-0/

Unpack the app to your desktop. Make a backup of BlueIris.exe and BlueIrisAdmin.exe in case you need them again.

COPY those BlueIris.exe and BlueIrisAdmin.exe to the desktop.

Drag and drop those exe's on top of File Unsigner's exe. It will pop up a black window to confirm it has done the task.

Now move your newly non-signature versions back into you running directory.

And as if by magic, you now have no signatures in the apps. Windows will still warn you on startup that the signature is missing, but this does not stop you from running.

Note: you are likeky to be asked to install an older .net framework when running Unsigner the first time.

Extra Info: If you right click your original app there is a Digital Signatures tab. On the broken app this will list Perspective Software with a timestamp "not available". Once you rip the signature out with the above method this Digital Signatures tab is not in your app.
cert.jpg

I believe the Thawte certificate was pulled by Microsoft in a Windows update. This is why people are being hit this month.

And as a v4 user I can confirm the "use the latest exe from v5" trick did not work for me. It throws Evaluation Version watermarks up on every stream.
ahmadmob

Post by ahmadmob »

Windows update has nothing to do with this at all, I have BI running on a PC with windows updates completely disabled for more than a year and still got the issue yesterday.

Like what Seagull did, I just used a file unsigner tool and unsigned the few exe files in the root BI directory and all is fine now.

For me I used another tool: https://softpedia-secure-download.com/d ... gntool.zip
Read the readme file inside to know how to do it, pretty easy.

In case you have BI running as a service, copy BlueIrisAdmin.exe and BlueIris.exe files anywhere on your computer (e.g. on your desktop), unsign them, then copy-paste them back to BI folder. Make sure Blue Iris isn't running as a service and is completely closed since otherwise these files will be in use preventing you to replace them with the unsigned ones.