ipcamtalk

General discussion about Blue Iris
HeneryH

Re: ipcamtalk

Post by HeneryH »

That guy puts incredible amounts of energy into banning people, tracing their real identity and then doxing them.

I thing it is too funny that he also threatens to sue everyone while simultaneously claiming he is immune.

And he is so petty that he stalks around here (Hi Fenderman :) ) banning anyone who is not 100% loyal to him.
YrbkMgr

Post by YrbkMgr »

My position is simply this - He is a smart guy and I read his posts with interest, good and bad. We don't have to be friends, I don't have to change him. I respect his house, his rules, and have no interest in conflict. His community is rife with subject matter experts, so I'll "pay the ticket price" to gain entry. If I get kicked out it's not going to be because I challenged authority. I would be surprised if any information in this thread is news to him.

In fact, the theme of my posts in this thread is to help others mitigate conflict - be it there, or anywhere. If I've raised his ire because of it, so be it. There is no scenario where I can be harmed or disappointed. My father was a US marine for over 20 years - awarded the MOH for his valor in Korea. He always said "Speak softly and carry a big stick" - seems apropos in this context.
the site also logs the public IP address
Can't log what you don't give. And seriously... who cares if he knows your public IP address? Using a public IP address to connect to the internet is like using a P.O. box for your snail mail, rather than giving out your home address. I have no reservation about a forum admin knowing the city I live in. If some forum admin targeted a member for the purposes of harassment or other action, I'm pretty sure they're going to get unwanted attention (depending on the severity). Further, if he bans an IP address, he turns the lights out on a whole city. I'm not saying be careless, but don't be afraid.

A final thought, for anyone who cares... When I read posts where he goes non-linear, it's because someone insulted him. I agree, that when he's triggered, it's over the top. But I gotta say... when you stumble in to a bad inner city neighborhood and ask for directions, you probably wanna be polite about it. Maybe before a new member decides to post, they should look around for bear droppings. I've been accused of defending him - I'm not... it's though fair to point out that everyone plays a role in conflict escalation. If folks admit their part in a conflict, there's a shot at avoiding it in the future.

Not sayin' I'm right, I'm jus' sayin' that's how I see it.
  • "Whenever I take something apart to fix it and put it back together again, I end up with like six really important looking pieces left over" -Tim Allen
  • If you know what your after, you'll recognize it when you see it.
HeneryH

Post by HeneryH »

You are being too generous in your assessment. Simply put, if you have any opinion different from him there is zero way for you to coexist unless you swallow being told that you are wrong and an ass. If you can tuck your junk between your legs and accept that, then fine.
MikeBwca

Post by MikeBwca »

A public IP address is NOT like a P.O box where no-one knows where you live. A PIP is known to your ISP and is linked directly to you, and can be tracked to your home town just by using simple online tools.

Forum site from all over also log your IP address when you sign on AND when you log in. It's a way to know when users make multiple accounts - something forum sites do not like.

If a person makes multipole accounts at the 'Dark' site, you can bet 'button & bows' that FM knows about it. That is, if you use the same IP address. Even then, your browser can revel your true identity.

The only really safe method is using a VPN, and, a special browser.
YrbkMgr

Post by YrbkMgr »

You guys are way cool and I appreciate the dialog. And I hear you and agree. It's just not important to me to get agreement or change someone's mind. You don't agree with me? Pfft, fine. In all forums, I try to be mindful of forum decorum - if I get flamed, I never reply without thinking about it for a long time. Respond, don't react. Do I give a sh*t is the first question I ask myself. I don't see it as tucking my sack - I see it as "I'm not here for approval". My mission is discovery, not debate. That's how I keep myself from picking up an axe and wiping out the family (grin).

I should apologize for being cavalier about the IP address but in my mind, it's a non-issue because of the determination it would take for someone to commit a federal crime. You have to provoke that action - can't see that ever happening. That said, the chances of your cat killing you in your sleep is low, but never zero.

In summary: I try to be the person my dog thinks I am.

FWIW, in my view anyone who doesn't responsibly obfuscate their IP address... well, that's just irresponsible.
  • "Whenever I take something apart to fix it and put it back together again, I end up with like six really important looking pieces left over" -Tim Allen
  • If you know what your after, you'll recognize it when you see it.
stratblast

Post by stratblast »

IAmATeaf wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:07 am I was wondering what happened to that thread Image

Have you tried doing a DB repair yet?
Yes, It's all taken care of. Thank you. I was looking for a way to delete my profile and I feel he did me a favor. I can go anywhere and get abuse. I've got over a dozen sites running BI and various DVR's and NVR's. I'm well versed. I'm an IT business and have been for over 20 years. I don't usually feel the need to qualify myself and I rarely ask for help. I was genuinely curious about the clip and storage feature. It's ok. I figure he's got issues and I feel bad for him in that sense. I listen to people's problems all day long and always stand in their shoes for a bit before I lose patience. No one deserves to be treated badly. Something he doesn't understand.
Thanks again IAmATeaf
Thixotropic

Post by Thixotropic »

stratblast wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:32 pm I was just asking a question about clip storage and archiving and fenderman jumped in and said I needed to get over my OCD and configure it right.
Many people say that Blunderman is a sad pansy who gets triggered at the slightest thing. I don't know if it's due to drug use, inbreeding, or mental problems (maybe all 3).

In any case, count yourself as one of the many, many people that the delicate little snowflake has banned for no real reason.

If he stays true to form he'll threaten to sue you for daring to talk about him here, lol.

He had a hissy fit over something I said here and went on a tear about he "wuz gonna sue me" blah blah blah. I'm still waiting for my lawsuit to be delivered but it's been a year or two and so far nothing. One would almost think he's a sad, insecure blowhard.

I have a separate account I use to browse the IPScamStalk forum on occasion, and I know for a fact that it drives him bonkers that he doesn't know what name I use there. :)

Anyway, cheers and welcome to the official Blue Iris forum!
Last edited by Thixotropic on Sun Jan 30, 2022 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blue Iris 5.x x64 | Windows 10 Pro x64 | 16GB RAM | i7-7700 3.6 GHz | 1TB HDD | 2TB RAID NAS | 9 Cameras | Almost Dual NIC | 2KVA UPS
stratblast

Post by stratblast »

Thixotropic wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 1:22 am
stratblast wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:32 pm I was just asking a question about clip storage and archiving and fenderman jumped in and said I needed to get over my OCD and configure it right.
Many people say that Blunderman is a sad little pansy who gets triggered at the slightest thing. I don't know if it's due to drug use, inbreeding, or mental problems (maybe all 3).

In any case, count yourself as one of the many, many people that the delicate little snowflake has banned for no real reason.

If he stays true to form he'll threaten to sue you for daring to talk about him here, lol.

He had a hissy fit over something I said here and went on a tear about he "wuz gonna sue me" blah blah blah. I'm still waiting for my lawsuit to be delivered but it's been a year or two and so far nothing. One would almost think he's a sad, insecure blowhard.

I have a separate account I use to browse the IPScamStalk forum on occasion, and I know for a fact that it drives him bonkers that he doesn't know what name I use there. :)

Anyway, cheers and welcome to the official Blue Iris forum!
Thanks! I know I can access that site whenever I want. But honestly, I've been doing this for a long time and I don't need anything from there. I'll stay here and contribute where I can. I agree, something in his life has made him bitter and angry. Maybe his boyfriend is holding out.
2 things come to mind:
When seeking revenge, dig 2 graves
If someone gives you a gift and you don't accept it, who then, does the gift belong to?
NTempo

Post by NTempo »

MikeBwca wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 3:35 pm He also sent me private emails, swearing at me, and, threatening to run me financially.
I've seen that kinda thing happen elsewhere too; very unprofessional.

Never keep/leave/use personal/financial information on those sites that they can use in an extension of their little diatribes.

Yes, a VPN should shield your IP address.
HeneryH

Post by HeneryH »

He bans registration from VPN common IP addresses.