Startup Bug

GaryK4

Startup Bug

Post by GaryK4 »

When I startup Blue Iris desktop (Windows 11) , one camera always starts is a desktop frame. I have to the pull down menu and uncheck it. On restarting, it is in desktop frame again.
I tried disabling and hiding it and it pops up in a black frame with no text. This started some time ago an to date can not figure out how to make it start in the main program.
I call it a bug because a disabled and hidden camera should not show up as a blank frame/window.
I am running the latest version 5.7.8.1.
MikeBwca

Re: Startup Bug

Post by MikeBwca »

Maybe there's a way to reset the layout? Anyone?

I would suggest the following...

- Delete the camera, then add it back.
- Delete the camera, then add it back with a different name.

If neither work, then...
- Go into the registry and manually delete the camera from both branches, then add back.
or,
- Completely uninstall BI keeping the registration (if it asks). Use an unstaller like Revo or similar. This will also delete leftover registry entries and folders. If douse Revo, unselect the registration registry branch.
louyo

Post by louyo »

Well, I had similar some time back but was scratching my head to remember what I did. I think I put the camera in a group with other cameras and it fell into place. Not sure. I have CRS: can't remember, er um, "stuff".
GaryK4

Post by GaryK4 »

MikeBwca wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 1:27 am Maybe there's a way to reset the layout? Anyone?

I would suggest the following...

- Delete the camera, then add it back.
- Delete the camera, then add it back with a different name.

If neither work, then...
- Go into the registry and manually delete the camera from both branches, then add back.
or,
- Completely uninstall BI keeping the registration (if it asks). Use an unstaller like Revo or similar. This will also delete leftover registry entries and folders. If douse Revo, unselect the registration registry branch.
Deleting it and adding it back worked! :D

On a side note, while trying to move BI to Proxmox, I had the same issue. I exported my setting from Win11 and applied them to the Proxmox instance. So, I assume the problem was carried through in the export file!

Thanks for the help.