Pre-Trigger Record time

louyo

Pre-Trigger Record time

Post by louyo »

Is it just me or does the latest version, and previous, have the pre-trigger record time back to 5.0 seconds?
IAmATeaf

Re: Pre-Trigger Record time

Post by IAmATeaf »

I do remember this change being made, I think it was to allow better compatibility for cams like Reolink where the iframe couldn’t be correctly set but I thought it was set back to way it was due to many, many people complaining.

I for example on one of my cams have it set to something 12 secs as one of cams looks up the road so I want to capture clips ahead of the trigger.

Also this enforcement made no sense as surely it was easier to say in the help files if you can set the fps and iframe to get 1.0 then try setting the pre-trigger to 5?
louyo

Post by louyo »

Thanks.
Well, I guess I can live with it. Only have 13 cameras, CPU < 30%, and have an 18TB drive. I see that is really a minimum now, not "unadjustable".
TimG

Post by TimG »

Lucky 5 ? Yes, I've just had a look at my ALPR camera, and that had gained 5 useless seconds of extra recording too :lol:
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
IAmATeaf

Post by IAmATeaf »

You guys should contact support as I’m sure it was reversed.

People suggested that versions of the app may have been lost with all the issues a few weeks ago, I didn’t believe this for one second but if this has reverted back in the latest release then who knows?
Pogo

Post by Pogo »

What does pre-trigger record time have to do with the key frame interval of any vendor's products..., let alone just one particular one?
IAmATeaf

Post by IAmATeaf »

Pogo wrote:What does pre-trigger record time have to do with the key frame interval of any vendor's products..., let alone just one particular one?
You need to ask Support but from what I understand it’s supposed to give BI those additional seconds to hit an iframe in the hope that the recording for an alert will then be watchable.

Don’t have and have never used any Reolink cams so can’t say beyond what I’ve read.
Jey

Post by Jey »

IAmATeaf wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 7:17 pm You guys should contact support as I’m sure it was reversed.

People suggested that versions of the app may have been lost with all the issues a few weeks ago, I didn’t believe this for one second but if this has reverted back in the latest release then who knows?
Yes it was fixed.

I contacted the support and in 1 day they fixed the problem, no limit anymore.
louyo

Post by louyo »

On the positive side, I have 3 cameras that are very slow to change from stream 2 to stream 1, the long pre record allows for the transition to occur for main alert recording. Would like to control it though. I will have a look.
Pogo

Post by Pogo »

IAmATeaf wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 8:54 am
Pogo wrote:What does pre-trigger record time have to do with the key frame interval of any vendor's products..., let alone just one particular one?
You need to ask Support but from what I understand it’s supposed to give BI those additional seconds to hit an iframe in the hope that the recording for an alert will then be watchable.

Don’t have and have never used any Reolink cams so can’t say beyond what I’ve read.
Sounds like more secret banter from 'the cool kids table' over at IPCT.

I'm reasonably sure the pre-trigger buffer sees what it sees and doesn't differentiate between this frame or that frame before deciding to start recording at a certain quality -- (which is usually a barely watchable sub-stream in the first place until upconverted). Regardless of which stream, its recorded quality will adjust accordingly with the first key frame when it happens. Depending on interval, this is typically between 1 and 2 seconds.