How do I "activate" (and use AI) for two cameras when my main Stoop camera is Activated / Triggered(?)?

BobRoss

How do I "activate" (and use AI) for two cameras when my main Stoop camera is Activated / Triggered(?)?

Post by BobRoss »

I've looked thorough the instructions but they are confusing to me. Here is what I want to do:

1. I have a Stoop, Doorbell and Street camera - all equipped with codeproject.ai
2. My Doorbell camera and street camera are being active (triggered?) when people walk by. (tons of unneeded alerts and triggers)
3. I only want my Street camera and Doorbell cam to (trigger?) with AI when someone is detected in my stoop camera.

I tried using "groups" but that is really confusing and does not seem to work.

How do I set this up?
MikeBwca

Re: How do I "activate" (and use AI) for two cameras when my main Stoop camera is Activated / Triggered(?)?

Post by MikeBwca »

I have done this in the past.

Have the Stoop camera set the motion detection of the other camera(s) on/off when needed.
Simple to say, a bit more difficult to do.
I don't think there is an 'On Alert' command to turn Motion detection On/Off. Anyone?
But, there is a argument based command to do this. It's documents in the BI manual, and you can execute the command via the cameras 'Alert' tab 'On Alert...' button.

You may be able to change the two cameras to a specific profile that the cameras would be set motion detection to ON. But, I have not done that.

Can anyone else offer suggestions?
louyo

Re: How do I "activate" (and use AI) for two cameras when my main Stoop camera is Activated / Triggered(?)?

Post by louyo »

Might try this:
Attachments
alerts.PNG
alerts.PNG (53.63 KiB) Viewed 465 times