Low-powered PC solution?

Tenukitime

Low-powered PC solution?

Post by Tenukitime »

Hi all, I'm building some off-grid, solar powered surveillance systems. Currently I have a test rig running with a mobile router, UniFi CloudKey G2+, PTZ camera, and a switch. This setup only pulls about 40 watts, making it easy and cost effective to provide solar power and battery backup.

While I love my unifi systems at home, for this project I need more functionality than the UniFi system will allow, so looking to BI, as I've always known it was the real workhorse of camera software.

To my question: If I wanted to run 1-3 4K cameras on a Blue Iris rig, what kind of lower-powered computer could I look into?
TimG

Re: Low-powered PC solution?

Post by TimG »

Low power would probably mean CPAI couldn't be used, but it is a difficult question since most people keep increasing the number of cameras and the power of the cpu to match when it all gets too slow. Maybe the answer is to find a NAS that can work with your chosen number of cameras, and build a Windows pc with the same cpu :idea:
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
HeneryH

Post by HeneryH »

There is a database of user installations with the number of pixels/sec being processed and the CPU with usage.

Anyone have that link handy?
IAmATeaf

Post by IAmATeaf »

HeneryH wrote:There is a database of user installations with the number of pixels/sec being processed and the CPU with usage.

Anyone have that link handy?
It’s on the other site isn’t it?

Might serve as a way to compare systems but since substreams it might not give a true picture.