Storage

For anything else on your mind

Moderators: HeneryH, TimG

Prdiyguy

Storage

Post by Prdiyguy » Sat Sep 17, 2022 3:08 am

I'm trying to blue print a new system devoted solely to motion alerts mostly via 20 poe ip cameras at various zip codes using as much 4k resolution as possible with led spot lights. My objective is to have many property owners having access to push notifications for their location. Developing a profile of nuisance homeless type criminals who are not concerned with police because they know the police are to busy. So, I need short term storage, 2 to 3 days drop off. A central storage server with HHD since they are cheap now and lost data is no big deal. Or
Cloud which ever is most economical. The question is there a table that calculates mb per minute per resolution per fps so as to predict storage volume.
TimG

Re: Storage

Post by TimG » Sat Sep 17, 2022 10:13 am

A web search for "CCTV storage calculator" gave me this. Is that what you are after ?
Forum Moderator.
IAmATeaf

Post by IAmATeaf » Sun Sep 18, 2022 1:23 pm

There are guideline figures but ultimately it all depends on the scene being covered and how often the scene changes.
Prdiyguy

Post by Prdiyguy » Sun Sep 18, 2022 3:23 pm

That is perfect from Seagate. I guess I could have found that. Or tried. Thanks again
TimG

Post by TimG » Sun Sep 18, 2022 6:17 pm

LOL !

My father used to call me the "Master of the ruddy obvious." I like to think that I'm just good at guessing the search phrase that is most likely to find things :lol:
Forum Moderator.