Add value from Home Assistant in the overlay ?

Jey

Add value from Home Assistant in the overlay ?

Post by Jey »

Hi !

Is it possible to add a value (text, outside temperature) from Home Assistant, in the overlay ?

I would like to display the outside tempeature on outside camera.

MikeBwca

Re: Add value from Home Assistant in the overlay ?

Post by MikeBwca »

A few requests...
- Can you post a screenshot of the BI settings Macro tab?
- Can you post a screenshot of the following registry branch... 'Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Perspective Software\Blue Iris\Macros'
- Do you use 'Blue Iris Tools'?

Blue Iris can use up to 999 Macros. Each macro can be added as an Overlay... %1, %2,... %999. 'Blue Iris Tools' uses it own path for the macro txt files. But, you can put them anywhere. I would suggest a persistent path that is not tied to any program, like your 'Documents' folder. I have mine is a 'Cameras' folder.

Each time the txt file associated with a %nn macro changes, BI will automatically display the change. So, you onlt need to figure out how to write the info to a txt file associated with the macro.

A good example of this is to examine how 'Blue Iris Tools' handles macros.
Serodgers

Post by Serodgers »

Jey wrote:Hi !

Is it possible to add a value (text, outside temperature) from Home Assistant, in the overlay ?

I would like to display the outside tempeature on outside camera.

I do not use HA but with HomeSeer I send Blue Iris macro message text from home automation system.

http://192.168.2.184:81/admin?macro=1&text=Garage is Open&user=name&pw=password.

This url is sent when i have my Garage Door open. It displays in Blue Iris camera near garage.

I could easily send any other text string or status such as weather condition i have in HomeSeer. Should be same for Home Assistant.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Jey

Post by Jey »

MikeBwca, I don't use (yet) BI Tools, so no screenshot to show.
I didn't knew it!

Serodgers, wouah, intertesting!

Please, could you show the configuration on BI / BI Tools side? (some screenshot), how you set it to work?
Serodgers

Post by Serodgers »

Review the .pdf help file and it gives examples of the urls to be interact with blue iris. You can set any of the 999 macros via BI GUI for the first 10 or so or via setting them via registry or via values written in a .txt file but the most flexible way is via URL.

Code: Select all

http://192.168.2.184:81/admin?macro=1&text=Garage is Open&user=name&pw=password
IP of your BI web server, my is shown above. Create the above url for your setup and use you BI user name and and password and some sample text and which macro to update. My example is 1. You can paste this by into t the browser from you HA machine and you should be able to see it update in BI setting Macro tab. Each time you run that url that text is pushed into macro1 spot. In your camera there is a place to use overlay text. Place it where you want it and set text to %1.

Not sure how to send http url line with HA. HS has its way and works create. Google setting BI macro from HA and I seen somebody had an example HA automation yaml and another had an example using curl.
Last edited by Serodgers on Tue Aug 15, 2023 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.