Questions on Upgrading to latest BI Stable and CPAI 2.4.6

mcvoss

Questions on Upgrading to latest BI Stable and CPAI 2.4.6

Post by mcvoss »

Hello,

I'm running BI 5.8.0.1 and CPAI 2.34, and I have a few questions.

First question any advantage moving BI to Stable 5.8.1.5

Second queston: If I do, and I run into issues, how do I roll back to my current version and how easy is it

Third and Fourth - Any advantage or issues running CPAI 2.4.6 over 2.3.4?

Thanks

Michael
louyo

Re: Questions on Upgrading to latest BI Stable and CPAI 2.4.6

Post by louyo »

mcvoss wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 4:01 am Hello,

Second queston: If I do, and I run into issues, how do I roll back to my current version and how easy is it

Thanks

Michael
1. Are you having issues that the "stable" release solves? Features you need? If not, I would wait. I am running 2 systems at 5.7.9.12 with no issues. It ain't broke, so... (various opinions on upgrades here).
2. When you upgrade, check the box for retaining your current version, that will allow you to go back. There is also a site over on IPCT where you can download back issues. Be aware that your license will only support versions prior to the maintenance expiration date, otherwise it is back to demo mode.
3. We are running AI 2.3.2 Cuda in a (Linux) docker here and it is running fine. Will probably upgrade to 2.4.6 when the dust settles. So far, our current version has very good accuracy and performance. We are limited by old, tired, NVIDIA cards. Again, it ain't broke. If you haven't already done so, you might want to check the forum over on Codeproject where the CPAI originated.

Happy whatever you celebrate.
mcvoss

Re: Questions on Upgrading to latest BI Stable and CPAI 2.4.6

Post by mcvoss »

louyo wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 10:23 am
mcvoss wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 4:01 am Hello,

Thanks

Michael
1. Are you having issues that the "stable" release solves? Features you need? If not, I would wait. I am running 2 systems at 5.7.9.12 with no issues. It ain't broke, so... (various opinions on upgrades here).
2. When you upgrade, check the box for retaining your current version, that will allow you to go back. There is also a site over on IPCT where you can download back issues. Be aware that your license will only support versions prior to the maintenance expiration date, otherwise it is back to demo mode.
3. We are running AI 2.3.2 Cuda in a (Linux) docker here and it is running fine. Will probably upgrade to 2.4.6 when the dust settles. So far, our current version has very good accuracy and performance. We are limited by old, tired, NVIDIA cards. Again, it ain't broke. If you haven't already done so, you might want to check the forum over on Codeproject where the CPAI originated.

Happy whatever you celebrate.
Thanks, no issues w/ anything.

I kind of go by "If it ain't broke I'm not trying hard enough." lol I like trying the stable releases, unfortunatly I don't have time always to try the others.

Thanks for the input. Merry Christmas!

Michael