Ubiquiti G3 Flex RTSP compatibility issues with 5.3.1.0

SpeedCam

Ubiquiti G3 Flex RTSP compatibility issues with 5.3.1.0

Post by SpeedCam »

It appears there's a compatibility issue with version 5.3.1.0 of Blue Iris and Ubiquiti G3 Flex cameras. I have two G3 Flex cameras that both stopped working with Blue Iris early this morning when Blue Iris auto-updated to 5.3.1.0. My other menagerie of 7 cameras (Hikvision, TrendNet, Axis Communications, Amcrest) continued to work.

Directly connecting to the G3 Flex's built-in web server confirms they were running normally and serving video. They are both running in "Standalone" mode to serve video/audio over RTSP. RTSP Authentication is enabled. Firmware version UVC.v4.14.14.67.037e886.190630.1017.

I downgraded Blue iris to version 5.3.0.3 via the "Check for update" dialog (this is a great feature!) and the two G3 Flex cameras started working again. Blue Iris auto-updated to 5.3.1.0 again (oops forgot to turn it off) and the cameras stopped working again. I've since switched Blue Iris to stick with "highly stable" updates.
devkev

Re: Ubiquiti G3 Flex RTSP compatibility issues with 5.3.1.0

Post by devkev »

Just wanted to second this as I had the same issue with my G3s. Hikvision cameras continued to work.